5 Best Cabins near Crawfordsville, IN
Posted on October 10, 2022 by Morgan
written by Rhonda Smith, owner Cabins & Candlelight
West-central Indiana boasts several cabins located near Crawfordsville, which is well-known for canoeing on Sugar Creek, hosting Wabash College and hiking at nearby Shades State Park. More recently, Crawfordsville has gained fame for hosting events at the Crawfordsville Aquatics Center and the Ironman Raceway.
Whether you’re looking for a luxurious romantic cabin, a rustic cabin for a group of friends or a modern cabin that will accommodate your bridal party or family retreat, you’ll find it within easy driving distance of Crawfordsville.
For a complete list of things to do and where to eat and shop during your stay in Montgomery County, go to Visitmoco.com.
1. Cabins & Candlelight – is a romantic getaway with two luxury log cabins on 33 acres, which border Sugar Creek. It is 20 minutes northeast of Crawfordsville and 45 minutes northwest of Indianapolis. Each cabin accommodates two adults and features a 15-foot stone fireplace with gas logs, oversized whirlpool tub, entertainment center, screened back porch, gas grill and a full kitchen stocked with breakfast food.
2. Queen & I Yurt Inspired Cabin – is a unique cabin located just a few miles east of Crawfordsville. It includes a luxury bathroom with a walk-in shower and equipped kitchen and will accommodate 4 people. Pets are allowed.
3. Sugar Creek Retreat – offers a rustic log cabin located 23 minutes southwest of Crawfordsville near Shades State Park. The cabin can accommodate 8-10 people in three bedrooms with a modern kitchen and two updated baths. There is a fireplace, yoga loft, wraparound porch, hot tub and a large 24 x 24 patio for lounging. Pets are allowed.
4. Townsend Lodge at Hidden Hollow Farm – is located five miles west of Crawfordsville on a 62-acre wooded wedding venue. The lodge can accommodate 14 people in three bedrooms and includes a full kitchen, two baths and a fireplace. Pets are allowed.
5. The Stone Cabin Inn – is 34 minutes northeast of Crawfordsville on a working tree farm. This rustic cabin can accommodate six people and includes a fireplace, full kitchen with breakfast provided and a waterfall shower. Seasonal activities are available at the farm, and a nearby drive-in movie theatre is open during the warmer months.